Immigration Services

How we can help

We specialize in U.S. immigration law, with our practice in Non-immigrant visas, Family and Employment Immigration and Special Immigration Matters (VAWA, Political Asylum).

 We offer a personable approach to practicing law and welcome your inquiries or comments. We emphasize realistic assessments on an individual basis and deliver a remarkable level of professional service at an affordable price. We are committed to accommodating our clients’ needs and protecting their interests, through thorough preparation, skillful presentation and steadfast advocacy. 

Immigrant Visas

Employer-based Sponsorship. 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas are made available to qualified applicants under the provisions of U.S.immigration law. Employment based immigrant visas are divided into five preference categories. Certain spouses and children may accompany or follow-to-join employment-based immigrants.


EB-1. Persons of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics; outstanding professors or researchers; and multinational executives and managers.

EB-2. This preference is reserved for persons who are members of the professions holding advanced degrees or for persons with exceptional ability in the arts, sciences, or business.

EB-3. Professionals, skilled workers, and other workers.

Fourth Preference 

EB-4. “Special immigrants,” which includes certain religious workers, employees of U.S. foreign service posts, retired employees of international organizations, alien minors who are wards of courts in the United States, and other classes of aliens.

EB-5. Business investors who invest $1 million or $500,000 (if the investment is made in a targeted employment area) in a new commercial enterprise that employs at least 10 full-time U.S. workers.

Family- based Sponsorship. Two groups of family based immigrant visa categories, including immediate relatives and family preference categories.

Immediate relative of a U.S. citizen. Spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, and parents of U.S. citizen petitioners 21 or older.

Family member of a U.S. citizen fitting into a preference category. Unmarried sons or daughters over the age of 21, married children of any age, and brothers and sisters of U.S. citizen petitioners 21 or older.

Family member of a green card holder. Spouses and unmarried children of the sponsoring green card holder.

Member of a special category. Battered spouse or child (VAWA), a K nonimmigrant, a person born to a foreign diplomat in the United States, a V nonimmigrant or a widow(er) of a U.S. Citizen.

Non-Immigrant Visas

If you are not a U.S. citizen or U.S. lawful permanent resident, a nonimmigrant visas for temporary visitors to travel to the US may be available to you

depending on the purpose of your intended travel. The following are some of the nonimmigrant visas available to you:


B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa. For persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1) or for pleasure, tourism or medical treatment (B-2).

F-1, M-1 or Student Visa. For persons entering the U.S. for full-time study at University or college, high school, private elementary school, seminary, language schools, or vocational school (i.e., flight school).

H-1B Professional Employment Visa. An employer may sponsor persons to work in a specialty occupation which requires a higher education degree or its equivalent. Includes fashion models and government-to-government research and development.

H-2A. Temporary Agricultural Worker.

H-2B. Temporary Non-agricultural Worker.

H-3. Trainee or Special Education visitor.

J-1 Visa. Exchange visitor visas are nonimmigrant visas for individuals approved to participate in exchange visitor programs in the United States such as an au pair, camp counselor, research scholar, teacher, etc.

K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa. For fiancé(e) to travel to the United States for marriage to a US citizen.

L-1 Intracompany Transfer Visa. For person to work at a branch, parent, affiliate, or subsidiary of the current employer in a managerial or executive capacity, or in a position requiring specialized knowledge.

O-1 Visa Extraordinary Ability Visa. For persons with extraordinary ability or achievement in the sciences, arts, education, business, athletics, or extraordinary recognized achievements in the motion picture and television fields.

P-1 and artist and entertainer visa (Circus visa). Individual or Team Athlete, or Member of an Entertainment Group.

TN Status under NAFTA. This is a special category applicable to nationals of Canada and Mexico.

U Visa. For victims of qualified crimes in the United States (i.e. assault)

Seeking Asylum

Asylum allows foreign nationals to remain lawfully in the U.S. indefinitely and, after one year, apply for legal permanent residence. Generally an asylum application must be filed within one year of the applicant’s last entry into the U.S. An asylum seeker must prove that he or she has suffered past persecution (see below) and/or has a well-founded fear of future persecution based on one of five grounds or a combination of grounds: Race, Religion, Nationality, Membership in a particular social group, Political opinion.

How does a person decide whether to file for asylum or not?

Filing for asylum is a very serious decision to make. If the applicant wins, he or she can go from being undocumented to having a secure legal status in the U.S. If the applicant loses, however, he or she can be deported to the country that he or she fears returning to. Anyone considering filing for asylum should consult with an attorney with experience in these types of cases so that you can get as much information as possible before making your decision. No one can tell with certainty whether or not a particular case will be successful.


Contact us today to learn more about Immigration

Drop us a line!

We look forward to speaking with you.

This website provides general information and does not constitute legal advice.


The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form